Saturday, March 14, 2009

"Do. Or do not. There is no try" - Master Yoda

Actually the quote goes, "No! Try not. Do. Or do not. There is no try." Yoda said to Luke while Yoda was teaching Luke the ways of the Jedi (Star Wars Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back).

Master... gusto ko pa ng CHOCO MUCHO....


For a newbie runner like me, this is something that I live by every running day.

Sleep early the night before, I should. So to wake up early the next morning, I could.
Where to run, I'd be contemplating. How far I should or could go, in running that is.
Should I wear what shirt? Should I wear what shoes?

- Master Rod

Mahirap pala gayahin si master yoda... hehehee

March 8, 2009 5:00am TAKBO.PH's LSD
I was early at BHS in front of ROX. Mar (Pojie) was there when I arrived. Soon, TAKBO.PH's loggers came one-by-one.

By 5:30am, we started to run. As I hadn't have enough sleep the night before, it feels like I was dragging my feet. I was already thinking that I might not finish the 21k target.

You see, the longest run I had was only 10k and this was in my very first race. The next races, I just joined the 5k. But I tried... no, no try pala sabi ni master yoda. What I did was to focus on the running. Yes, "FOCUS" is the magic word.

That could also be the magic word from master yoda to luke, when master yoda was telling luke to lift his ship from the quicksand using his mind. anodaw?!?



It's hard. But once you put your mind into it, kahit gaano pa katigas yan. We might fail on our first try (eh kasi nga wag TRY... dapat DO... adik?!?). Again... We might fail on our first do. (angfanget pakingan)

But by failing we also learn.

Ika nga ni pareng Jordan. I've failed over and over and over again in my life and that is why I succeed.
Maniwala kayo sa sinasabi ko... at bumili kayo ng sapatos ko...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ehem...