Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Barefoot Red

How does the name Barefoot Red sounds?

I'm in the middle of chapter 23 of the book "Born To Run", where Ted McDonald's story was being told. And how he eventually became Barefoot Ted.


asteeg!!!

O-ha! Ted... Red... Barefoot Ted... Barefoot Red... uy, rhyme!!! And! Mataas din ang hairline nya! Okay, fine. Ted is also bald. *smirk*

Now, why am I toying with the idea of going barefoot? Although I still have this love-hate relationship with this minimalist shoe brand. Well, mostly hate. (I'll write another post about this...) Ulit... Now, why am I toying with the idea of going barefoot? Reading chapter 23 made me realize that running shoes (especially the cushioned) does affect your stride and posture.

As what Barefoot Ken Bob said...

Shoes block pain, not impact!
Pain teaches us to run comfortably!
From the moment you start going barefoot, you will change the way you run.

I'll try to run barefoot this weekend and will post kung ano man ang mangyari.

Good luck sa akin! Woot!!!

6 comments:

  1. You'll definitely love barefoot/minimalist running. It's the adjustment period that proved difficult for me.

    That book's a good read. I highly recommend it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Roelle
    Thanks! I also checked BFT's blog and he said that it will not be an easy adjustment. I don't mind the adjustment period. It's the weird look that I'll definitely get once I start running barefoot. =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. "And! Mataas din ang hairline nya! Okay, fine. Ted is also bald. *smirk*"
    -wahahahahaha! aylabred!

    ReplyDelete

Ehem...